Our Recent Posts



Updating a painting

After asking many people about one of my favourite paintings, many people said that it was quite difficult to read. The colours were a bit muted and many of the sections blended into one another. So I had a think about what could make the painting better.

For starters, I made the men in the dinghy more visible, with actual shape and colour. By doing this I was able to bring more attention to what was actually going on in the painting.

I then worked on adding more detail to the waves and to the horses so you could actually tell the difference between the two.

I think the new one works very well and I like the improvements I made.