I had been super busy all weekend long preparing my speech and presentaion for the pitch we had to give this afternoon. It was really cool to see memebers of industry give feedback to everyones porjects and films. Plus it was fun to see where everyone was up to and the changes that have been made so far. I am quite nosy, so I love to see what everyone else is doing. The feedback that I got from the guests was quite good, no one had anything particularly negative to say in res
Today I spent my time making the final edits to my ptch which is on monday next week. I am excited to pitch my film to everyone and see what they have to say about my project so far. So today I painted some backgrounds using mixed medias and just seeing which processes I enjoyed the most. I like mixing everything together in my process, so having charcoal, water colour and ink in one painting along with using a pen for the details works well for me. I plan to use these concep
I am very pleased as today I have finally finished all my turnaround for my final three characters. The three main guys now have completed character design packs and are looking solid and like a team. I had a lot of fun doing these turnarounds and learnt a lot in the process. I alos created height charts and black out poses for easy reading and to add to my pitch on Monday.
Now for my favourite part, the tiny details! I have loved researching ww2 uniforms, equipment and planes through this project and I think it is helping me gain a further understanding of the situation and how the crew may have felt. So I have created sheets for the props they would have had in the dinghy and how they would have used it. All of these small items have a great importance to the story and the characters survive as long as they do. The item that is probably the m
Today I finally finished up the designs for the dinghy, as apposed to just drawing an orange blob as i have been doing the past month. I worked out the dimensions of the height and width of the dinghy from looking at photos I have been given and also photos I have found online. I am pleased with the outcome, the dinghy no matter the background, setting or time of day, stands out and is the focal point of any shot. This is important as it shows audiences that the crew have to
Today was a busy day and I think I got a lot of work done. I finshed and exported my head turnarounds for the three main charcters. here they are. I think they are all looking very smart and look like they are part of a 1940's set story. I had to be careful to not make them look too modern as most of the characters I have created so far have been set in the present day. Alongside the head designs, I also created a colour overlay sheet which shows different lighting sitautions
Today I had a lot fun making faces at myself in the mirror as I drew out my final character expression sheets, I have reworked John's twice now and I think I have finally come to a design that I like. I may go back and rework Fred's sheet as he as one less expression compared to the other two. But at the moment I like the colours I have used and the palletts I have created.
As I had finished my work on the storyboards last week, I have been busy working on creating my animatic. Shortly after starting the project and have gotten my story down, I found some really cool sound effects that I wanted to add at the most important parts of my animatic. I hope these will be able to add/create the atmosphere I want.